The purpose of this site is for information and a record of Gerry McCann's Blog Archives. As most people will appreciate GM deleted all past blogs from the official website. Hopefully this Archive will be helpful to anyone who is interested in Justice for Madeleine Beth McCann. Many Thanks, Pamalam

Note: This site does not belong to the McCanns. It belongs to Pamalam. If you wish to contact the McCanns directly, please use the contact/email details campaign@findmadeleine.com    

Mizens' and McCanns' grief

HOMEPAGE NEWS REPORTS INDEX 3 YEARS ON IMAGES INTERNATIONAL MISSING 2010 NEWS MAY 2010
Original Source: SUN: TUESDAY 11 MAY 2010
By ANTONELLA LAZZERI and ANTHONY FRANCE Published: Today
 

THE mother of a murdered teenager comforts Kate McCann yesterday - whose grief she said must be even more desperate than her own.

Big-hearted Margaret Mizen, 57, had invited the mum of missing Maddie to a memorial service for her son Jimmy, who was stabbed to death aged 16.

She explained: "She is a mother like me who has lost a child - mine is safe now, safe in heaven.

"But Kate's child is still lost. The agony she goes through must be unbearable."

Kate, 42, sobbed during the ceremony as Margaret urged all mums to "take your children in your arms every day and tell them how much you love them". Afterwards, Kate said the service had been "very uplifting".

The anti-violence event at London's Westminster Cathedral was organised by Margaret and husband Barry, 58. It marked Jimmy's 18th birthday and also the second anniversary of his death.

Altar boy Jimmy was killed with a glass dish in May 2008 during a row at a bakery near his home in Lee, South London.

Thug Jake Fahri, 19, must serve at least 14 years for his murder.

Prince Charles was among the guests, as well as relatives of other young victims of violence including Rob Knox, Ben Kinsella, Damilola Taylor and David Idowu.

The Archbishop of Westminster, the Most Reverend Vincent Nichols, reminded the congregation eight teens had been murdered in London in the past six weeks.

He said: "You do not need me to present facts and figures. We know there is too much violence in our lives. We know there are too many knives on our streets. We know there are too many injuries and deaths caused by them."

The latest victim, Marcin Bilaszewski, 19, was knifed to death on Saturday near a Tube station.

Earlier the Mizens joined England footballer Jermain Defoe to launch an anti-violence campaign called "Reclaim Our Children".

The Tottenham striker, 27, spoke about his brother Gavin, who died aged 26 last April after being punched in a street attack.

He said: "It was incredibly hard for the whole family. It means the world to me to be part of the Reclaim Our Children campaign."
a.lazzeri@the-sun.co.uk

TO HELP KEEP THIS SITE ON LINE CONSIDER

Site Policy Contact details Sitemap Website created by Pamalam